Twitch has stringent rules on what music you may play while streaming. Ignoring the restrictions to play copyrighted music may result in copyright violation and the termination of your live-streaming material. In some situations, the video streaming service platform may permanently suspend your membership for broadcasting copyrighted music.
Twitch DMCA Free Music
You may acquire Twitch acceptable audio for your Twitch accounts from various sources, permitting you to Livestream free from fear of DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) takedowns.
1. Wow Sound: They provide music to video game companies of different sizes, from individual creators to teams of 100s, advertising companies, films, TV programs, and post-production organizations from all over the world. Video streamers can also use their music for their streaming purpose. These are royalty free game music and royalty free game sound effects.
2. Epidemic Sound: The site, compatible with Spotify, has over 30,000 songs of royalty-free music in different genres. You will be able to listen to every tune on the music player and then download every section of an audio file separately if you use their application. This allows you to easily build your custom playlists and Twitch sound alerts and use a piece of a music for a YouTube compilation.
3. Own3D Music: While OWN3D is most recognized for their excellent Twitch visuals, they also provide Twitch music software created exclusively for streamers. They have developed over 200+ LoFi and Synthwave tracks that are entirely free to use (on eight separate albums). The tunes are free to use and come with no strings attached. They want to upload new music regularly, so you won’t get weary of hearing the same songs again and over. While you can’t ordinarily play Spotify on Twitch, you can utilize their playlist, making integration with Twitch and Spotify Twitch extensions simple.
4. Envato Elements: Envato Elements may undoubtedly serve as a one-stop store for many of your advertising requirements. They not only have around 72,000 royalty-free audio compositions but also over 500,000 royalty-free sounds. You can quickly locate music suitable for your Twitch stream by searching through their library using the filters offered on the left panel. When you discover songs you love, you can download them or save them to a library to sort through later. To keep everything organized, you may create and remove collections. An Envato Elements subscription provides Twitch content producers who are actively expanding their businesses with access to all of their fair use music and sounds and stock footage, video templates, graphic/social media templates, and much more. These tools enable you to establish your brand swiftly and efficiently while maintaining a high-quality appearance.
5. Comma Music: Not only can you browse among thousands of songs by genre and style with Comma Music, but they are also the only royalty-free music store that offers a student plan. Playlists may be readily created on Twitch and other sites when streaming or generating conventional material. You wouldn’t have to fear them suing you with a DMCA strike because their content has been approved for commercial use. They collaborate with famous composers to bring you a next-level soundtrack that both you and your audience will love video after video. In reality, their sound has been featured in several advertisements and events for well-known corporations. They have various membership plans available depending on your music demand and where you’re in life. Occasionally, they will offer an extra discount to content creators if you commit to subscribing for a year or longer.
The end looked to be in sight in September 2021. It was rumored Twitch was on the verge of signing a licensing deal with the National Music Publishers Association (NMPA). The arrangement would be identical to a year ago between Facebook Gaming and publishers. Streamers might stream licensed audio without concern of DMCA takedowns or copyright strikes.
The truth was significantly less effective.
Streaming unauthorized music is still illegal in the aftermath of the accord. The sole change is that you will no longer receive unexpected copyright strikes for flagged content. Instead, you will receive a warning, and your VOD will be deleted following the review.
Twitch DMCA in the Future
Music streaming without a license is risky and unethical. Just because large Twitch streamers can get away with it now doesn’t imply they will always be able to. These streamers are aware of the danger and are either eager to take it or don’t care.
In any case, it’s a danger you should avoid at all costs. There’s no knowing what the next round of DMCA enforcement will bring. The primary victim last time was VODs. Who’s to say that the punishment won’t be harsher the next time around since everyone has been warned?
The latest NMPA-Twitch agreement was a band-aid fix for a severe problem. In its current form, the agreement does little to address the difficulties that creators face. It’s a final warning; the moment for creator-safe music is now. Take our advice and stay ahead of the curve to avoid DMCA crackdowns. Meanwhile, the list above should be useful to you and your readers.
Read also: Games Like Red Dead Redemption 2